Friday, December 16, 2016

Homeschooling Needs Testosterone

Welcome to XYHomeschool's inaugural blog post.

"Holy Cow, I really don't care about your latest hairdo. Pump out some more of your great homeschooling ideas, I love them! "

Estrogen Estrogen Estrogren.

Over the past 8 months I've been prepping to home school my eldest daughter, KJ.  This research included reading over 500 blog posts from others who homeschool. Damn I've learned a lot, and I'm sure going to steal with pride lots of awesome ideas. However, it did get tiring combing through posts and reading about woman/mom stuff.

The indulgence and interludes into these female areas make sense, as these blog posting women use their blogs as an outlet and are speaking to the vast majority of home-school situations where it is the mom doing the driving.  However, I'm not a mom... nor would I ever try to be.  That is a beautiful role, perfectly fulfilled by my wife Val.  I'm a Dad.  I've got Dad parts.  I've got Dad interests.  So if we interlude, let's interlude with cars, guns, beer, man-beards, and stuff like that.

Speaking of roles, that of moms and dads, moms infuse lots of wonderful commonly mom done things into their homeschooling worlds.  For example, baking as way to teach mathematics and chemistry is great... and for dads into baking, this is a great approach.  I, however, will leverage balancing our swimming pool's chemicals for these kinds of things.  This other perspective, the stereotypical male view,  will no doubt give rise to unique projects and perspectives that can be of use and value to homeschooling parents of XX and XY choromosome combos.

The XYHomeschool site exists to explore the numerous aspects of homeschooling, but from a male point of view.  If it inspires more dudes to consider doing it, awesome... but even better, if it helps motivate a homeschooling dad in a slump pull through, then we have a big win because it is the children who win.

Ultimately, it is about our kids and giving them the very best start to life that we can.  Therefore, if my tone or tenor doesn't sit will with you, focus on the content or simply move on; don't waste your time criticizing my voice because you are robbing your children of your most precious gift, time, and your words will fall on deaf ears on this end (like women, men have very selective hearing ;) ).

So, let this blog be an injection of Manliness into the uterus of homeschooling!

It has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment