Sunday, October 15, 2017

Upside Down Peach Cake from scratch in a Dad Driven Homeschool Environment? NO WAY!

Alright, I'm a home school dad.  I like to do dad things, and dad things don't include cooking ....  unless it involves a grill, an open flame, and some meat.  Only then would cooking qualify as a dad thing.

So what do I do when my eldest asks to bake?  I say, "Sure... go for it! but you have to do it on your own." "Okay Dad" was the reply.

What was the result?

The most amazing made from scratch Peach Upside Down Cake I've ever had!!!  Well done KJ!! Well Done.

Humm.... on second thought, maybe this one was a fluke.  I believe I will ask her to make another just to proooooove  she really knows how to do it. ;)

Maybe I need to re-think this whole, "We don't do baking" angle of Dad driven home schooling.  There are lots of biology, mathematics, chemistry, and physics lessons wrapped up in baking. Amiright? Amiright?  I'd probably gain 50 pounds!!

No comments:

Post a Comment